The Land of Smiles reconfirms its status as a tourist magnet with multiple ‘Destination of the Year’ accolades
Thailand 2018 Tourism Awards just Keep Coming
The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has an outstanding base for further promotion activities after a record-breaking number of prestigious tourism awards till date in 2018 when the kingdom claimed multiple distinguished travel awards including two ‘Destination of the Year’ honors.
“TAT is very proud of all the awards Thailand has received during 2018,” TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communications, Mr. Tanes Petsuwan, explained. “This is a result of the hard work by the entire industry and our staff, and TAT’s commitment to its ‘Amazing Thailand Open to the New Shades’ marketing initiative.”
Mr. Tanes believes that this extraordinary yield of tourism accolades endorses Thailand’s reputation as an excellent travel destination which offers a wide range of uniquely Thai local experiences across the country.
“All combined these awards are a clear indication that we are on the right track. It shows the variety that Thailand has to offer, from North to South, from Bangkok to Phuket and Phang Nga, from Chiang Mai to Nan province,” he explained.
List of Thailand 2018 Tourism Awards
Here is the full list of tourism awards that Thailand has received so far in 2018:
- Thailand ranks third in the Best Country category of the highly respected Conde Nast Traveller UK 2018 Readers’ Travel Awards
- Thailand wins ‘Best Wedding Destination‘ award from Wanderlust magazine.
- Thailand wins ‘Destination of the Year‘ at the TTG Asia Travel Awards 2018.
- Thailand wins the Travel Bulletin Star Awards ‘Star Cultural & Heritage Holidays Destination‘.
- Thailand scores top marks in the ‘Best Business Country Rankings‘ report.
- Thailand wins the Travel Weekly UK ‘Best Destination Award‘.
- TAT wins one PATA Grand and three PATA Gold Awards 2018.
- TAT’s Amazing Thailand placed as a finalist in the Travel Bulletin Star Awards ‘Star Online Training Course‘.
- Bangkok wins the Business Traveller Asia-Pacific Awards ‘Best Leisure Destination in the Asia- Pacific‘.
- Bangkok voted ‘Best City Destination‘ in the Asia-Pacific by DestinAsian magazine.
- Nan Province – ASEAN Clean Tourist City Award.
- Phuket named second best beach in the world by US News & World Report.
- Chiang Mai wins the KAYAK Travel Awards Singapore 2018’s favorite trending destination.
- Tung Dap Village in Phang Nga earns global recognition for sustainable tourism.
SOURCE: Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT)