Many foreigners dream to retire in the warm and friendly environment of Thailand. To be eligible for an extension of stay permit based on retirement you must be 50 years of age, show funds or pension equal to 800,000 baht (note: any pension claims must be certified by your embassy), and a provide a valid health certificate which can be obtained from any Thailand hospital.
– You must be 50 Years of age or over to be eligible for a retirement visa.
– You must proof 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account (90 days) OR 65,000 Baht pension OR a combination of both.
– Evidence of funds must be shown in a Thai bank account and must originate from outside the country. The funds must reside in the account for 90 days before the application date.
– Please not that you cannot import household goods to Thailand duty free with a retirement visa.
1. Foreigner shall obtain a Visa for temporary stay
2. Shall not be younger than 50 years old
3. Hold evidence showing the monthly income not less than 65,000 Baht or,
4. Hold records of saving money in the latest 3 months of account book of any Thai Bank not less than 800,000 Baht or,
5. Have annual income combined with the saving money in the Thai Bank not less than 800,000 Baht on the date of submitting the application.
List of Required Documents:
1. Application form
2. Copy of passport of the applicant
3. Evidences of having income, such as pension or interest of saving money, or dividends
4. Certified Letter of having a bank account with the Bank in Thailand and the passbook of the account.
For more information on Thai Visas, please go to General Thai Visa Information.
ThaiVest is a free online resource and community for anybody living or wishing to live in Thailand aiming at being financially independent.
ThaiVest covers the following topics:
Please note that Thailand’s rules and regulations are constantly changing and it is vital that you check with the Thai Authorities for updated information. Disclaimer: We do not take any responsibility for the accuracy and correctness of any information provided on Thaivest.com.