Whether you want to send money to Thailand for a relative, a loved one, for the purchase of a property or for business, you may have found information on the best way to do this hard to find. So what are your choices to transfer money overseas? And what are the advantages and disadvantages on your options to send money internationally?
We aim to give you a brief guide for some of the methods available such as using PayPal, Western Union, Moneybookers, iKobo Card & Bank Transfer to transfer money or send cash to Thailand and we will highlight the important information that will allow you to make the right decision for your requirements. In addition we will outline some important information that you may need such as cash limits, how to undertake bank transfers, requirements to purchase property in Thailand and also information on the various Visa processes for non-Thai nationals.
Money Transfers To Thailand
This very much depends on the speed you wish the funds to be transferred, whether the recipient has a Thai bank account, if it is a one off payment or if you need to send funds on a regular basis.
- Western Union Wire Transfer : A simple and quick method to send funds either online via the internet or through a local agent and is especially useful if you need to get cash to Thailand within minutes. The receiver can withdraw the amount sent by you in Thai Baht in Thailand by using a simple Money Transfer Control Number
- iKobo Card – Rechargeable Prepaid Debit Card : A quick and easy way to send regular payments to a cardholder or if you need to control access to funds available. No credit checks required and quick and easy to reload the iKobo Card. Ideal for taking on vacation or if you have a friend or relative in Thailand
- Bank Services : If you want to send money via an international money transfer from your bank account to a Thai bank account holder we list the process, approximate timescales and approximate costs you should expect to pay
• Cash Limits : Bringing cash into Thailand and more importantly taking it out again. We provide you with the limits for bringing in cash and taking it out of Thailand together with details of any required forms
eCommerce Solutions In Thailand
Trying to find an easy to operate debit and credit card payment provider in Thailand has been far from simple, until now.
- PayPal – Business and Premier Accounts : Offering a simple solution to accept debit and credit card payments online. Withdrawals can be made to a Thai bank account.